Divided Arms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Divided Arms

an Rp site based around a fantasy world that has seemingly endless crusades as humanity and the other races of the world fight to secure their homes and families.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Site
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:47 pm by Lann

» Discussion
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:20 am by Lockheart

» Hi (again!!)
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 am by Lais

» Lais
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am by Lais

» Hour of the Wraith King
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Xanthus Revenas
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:34 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Lore
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Rules
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Chritmas Party
Familiar Information Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 3:41 pm by The Ranger

Staff
╙Head Admin╜

╔Administrators╗

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Site Plot
The Rules
Help Center
Advertising
Top posters
Niko
Familiar Information I_vote_lcapFamiliar Information I_voting_barFamiliar Information I_vote_rcap 
Adam
Familiar Information I_vote_lcapFamiliar Information I_voting_barFamiliar Information I_vote_rcap 
Macha
Sebastian
Irvine
Aurora
Sir Judge
Sayaka
DeMoyah
Kaelos

Familiar Information

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niko
Adviser to The Throne of Helios
Niko

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

Familiar Information Empty
PostSubject: Familiar Information   Familiar Information Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:56 am

A Familiar is, basically, an assistant to witches, wizards, and, in this case, mages. The Familiar can be humanoid or animal. If it is an animal it is standard size of the animal it represents. The same goes for the humanoid familiar. The familiar can be any of the following:
  • Human
  • Rat
  • Bird
  • Domestic Feline
  • Domestic Canine
  • Small Reptile

These Familiars can be spiritual or elemental. The difference between the two isn't looks, but abilities. Elemental Familiar abilities are restricted to abilities of that element. Spiritual Familiars may have various abilities. Elemental Familiars have a stronger elemental attack than Spirit Familiars. An Example is below:

Spoiler:

These Familiars are summoned by the mage when the mage wishes it. So yes, they can be used outside of combat. A mage can communicate with them however they wish, and the familiar may communicate with others but only through verbal communication, not mental.

Familiars do, however, count as a weapon and thus take up one of the mage's two weapon slots. The Familiar does not start out with any abilities, but ever 100 points you may add one 1 additional ability. The Familiar can participate in a fight with it's abilities or with basic attacks. If a Familiar dies in combat, it is dead for the rest of the topic.

The abilities of Familiars are not massive. A Familiar cannot erupt a volcano or cause an earthquake. Their abilities are medium at best but typically are something small. Familiars are just annoying enough to draw attention away from the mage in combat, but not powerful enough to do serious damage in a single shot like a mage could. The dispel rune doesn't dismiss the Familiar, but it does strip it of it's powers. Mages can dismiss the familiar or summon it, but if it dies in battle it's done for the rest of the topic, as previously stated.

Only one familiar per mage. The familiar cannot be in a topic without you, and you cannot make a post only as your familiar. Meaning your post must be for you AND your familiar.
Back to top Go down

Familiar Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divided Arms :: Character Center :: Weapon/Creation Registry-
Jump to: