Divided Arms

a Rp site based on the crusades mixed with some fantasy including demons and ghouls.

HomePortalSearchMemberlistUsergroupsFAQRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Site
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:47 pm by Lann

» Discussion
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 am by Lockheart

» Hi (again!!)
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:25 am by Lais

» Lais
Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:13 am by Lais

» Hour of the Wraith King
Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:35 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Xanthus Revenas
Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:34 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Lore
Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Rules
Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:31 pm by Xanthus Revenas

» Chritmas Party
Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 pm by The Ranger

Staff
╙Head Admin╜

╔Administrators╗

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Site Plot
The Rules
Help Center
Advertising
Top posters
Niko

Adam

Macha

Sebastian

Irvine

Aurora

Sir Judge

Sayaka

DeMoyah

Kaelos

Share | 

Tobar Freeman

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army
Loyalty: Helios
Troops: 180

PostSubject: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:18 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Basic Information~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Tobar Freeman

Alias: -

Race: Human

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Extra Information: A Knight in the Southern Kingdom of Helios

How did you find this place: http://superhero-rpg.forum-motion.com/advertisement-f79/divided-arms-t1512.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Appearance~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

General Appearance:

Height: 5'11

Weight: 140 lbs

Body Type: Toned muscle only obtained by rigorous training by his instructors.

Best Feature: -

Extra Information: -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Persona~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personality: His passion is fueled by the love for his country. Tobar would obey the orders of his superiors, despite any disagreements of his conscience, to the point of death if need be. Besides his loyalty to Helios, he shares the vision of many to see the continent purged of demons and peace among nations. Though he is kind towards the people of Helios, he despises egotism and arrogance. For those his own rank or lower, he will confront them for it. For those in a higher position than him, he will noticeably show in his performance.

Tobar is extremely uncomfortable when dealing with demons, especially socially. He'd rather fight one than communicate with it. Though they possess high intelligence, his own view is that they are mindless monsters. He remembers the stories and tales of the Battle at Serpent Rock from when he was a young lad. He remembers vividly how his father would describe the three-day long battle with the Grand Demon. That he fell in defeat on thousands corpses of young valiant men. He would do anything to prevent the Grand Demon from returning, as it swore to accomplish.

He currently possesses no weapons of notable concern. A steel longsword is usually sheathed on his waist belt, and carries a lance that can be attached to his back if both hands need to be freed or for traveling.

Dislikes: Rogue soldiers.

Goals: To be a General in the Helios army.

Insecurities: -

Fears: Fears possessive demons, or the fact that he will lose control of himself if a demon were capable of controlling him.

Strength: Possesses strength and skill with a Lance and Sword.

Weakness: He is mortal after all, no armor is impenetrable. His strength is based off the thrust of a lance or slash of a sword, lacking in speed or agility. He is most vulnerable in combat when off his horse. He depends on it for quick movement, and jousting blows with a lance.

Phobias: Possessed humans.

Extra Information: -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~History~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addictions: -

Withdrawals: -

Bio: Tobar was born of noble blood in the Helios region. From infancy up he aspired to be a Knight like his father was. He was sent to serve under a Lord Bok as a page when he was 7 years of age. Throughout his years as a page, he had not focused much on combat, but did the usual errands of a page, carrying letters and cleaning the Lord's residence. However, accepting the duty of being a soldier means you accept the consequences. One day, Tobar's father didn't return from a battle with a bandit attack. Tobar was only 14. Though his father was gone, his family was not in poor condition. They still had wealth as nobles. After his father passed, for his remaining years he urged Lord Bok to train him more as a skilled swordsman. Though he was young, he improved greatly on his technique.

At 15, he was transferred to a Knight named Kelvo as his squire. He became quick friend with Kelvo, and learned from his combat style. They were often sent to defend against Bandit raids and help the citizens of Helios that were under attack. When Kelvo and Tobar had their backs against each other, they were almost impregnable. However, in one instance, they were sent to a battle they were vastly outnumbered in. They were captured and dragged to the Bandit stronghold.

Once there, they were tortured and beaten often. After a few days, the Bandit Leader sent one of Kelvo's men as a messenger to Helios, requesting 10,000 pieces in gold as ransom pay for the Knight and his men. The messenger returned, but with the army of Helios. The warriors stormed the gates and slew the bandits that opposed them. In a burst of rage, the Bandit leader stormed to the prison cells with his men. He raised his axe into the air and slashed Kelvo in the back, who was defenseless. When he turned to kill Tobar, Tobar had already leapt off the chair he was tied to and swung it at the bandit's head. The chair leg hit the leader across the forehead, knocking him unconscious. The leader's men pushed forward to finish Tobar off, but the prison door swung open with a battalion of Helios soldiers. Arrows flew into the room and accurately slaughtered the bandits.

Aided to their home, Kelvo survived. However, he was paralyzed from the waist down. Before requesting to be transferred to a diplomatic advisor, he knighted Tobar at an early age of 20. As Tobar grew older, those of Helios had seen he had not grown as strong as his father. He had grown stronger. His inspiration fueled his heart, more than those who fought for gold. He joined the Helios Army with high expectations, and is very satisfied in service to his country.

He is often seen venturing out into the Castle's town, sometimes aiding in small matters, like unloading store goods for merchants. Most of the town has become fond of his presence and views him as a kind Knight of Helios.

Last edited by Tobar Freeman on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niko
Adviser to The Throne of Helios

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:23 am

-Need more in personality.

-Add 2 paragraphs (8 sentences minimum) explaining home life while growing up, and hardships of becoming knight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

Is that a preference, or requirement? I've seen applications with less, and I suppose I could make it longer. I personally prefer RPing the character to describe his actions/motivations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Judge
Judge

Army
Loyalty: Haven
Troops: 100

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:48 am

Add some more mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Some more was added, though I'm not sure how much more I can elaborate on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niko

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Judge, don't mean to be rude, but please keep in mind you are no longer staff, and thus not allowed to post in other people's applications for things.

Also, I understand what you mean Tobar, but nonetheless, more is needed. I'm still not anything about his time getting to knight status, save a sentence or two.

Keep in mind that even if your character has forgotten, it still must be here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Well, I'm not actually 100% sure how the system or site really works. Let alone ranking systems. I figured being born in noble house and being instructed/training was enough mentioning of my Knight training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niko

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:59 pm

There is still Page and Squire before knight. And of course, the more detailed and information you have here , the better leg up you have on someone who refuses to do anymore work, or who can't think of more, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Thank you for the information. I'll do some research and clarify that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Niko

Army
Loyalty:
Troops:

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Take all the time you need. And don't forget to check in the Chatbox as well. Members are there and we're all willing to help =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam
The Grand Demon

Army
Troops: 135

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:49 pm

"Guest I am the first Becon of light in our lands in these troubled times."-Adam Anderson

Anderson's Theme:
Spoiler:

Adam's main theme:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dividedarms.darkbb.com
Tobar Freeman
Templar Lord Commander

Army

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:39 am

Can I get out of the Graveyard please? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Adam
The Grand Demon

Army
Troops: 135

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:30 am

Yeah man XD. Welcome back!

"Guest I am the first Becon of light in our lands in these troubled times."-Adam Anderson

Anderson's Theme:
Spoiler:

Adam's main theme:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dividedarms.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tobar Freeman   

Back to top Go down

Tobar Freeman
Page 1 of 1